cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 8400f preview scan is just noise

mjb918
Apprentice

I've just hooked up a Canoscan 8400f given by a friend, and am using Hamrick's VueScan 9.4.24 on OS X 10.75.

When I do a preview scan, I get nothing but digital noise.

Anyone have any insight?

I should note that when my friend boxed the scanner up, he didn't lock the carriage transport.

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 5.31.30 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

mjb918
Apprentice

bump

Ramona
Authority

Hi mjb918,

If you have already verified that the scanner lock switch is set to the unlocked position, we recommend installing the latest drivers and software for the scanner from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your CanoScan 8400F:

CanoScan 8400F Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the SCANNER driver file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.  

You will also want to download the CanoScan Toolbox software for use with the scanner.  To do this, please follow the steps above, except for in Step 2 you will want to click the red arrow next to the word SOFTWARE to view and select the CanoScan Toolbox software. 

I hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements