cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanning

dlivrd1
Apprentice

Can I scan documentsto my computer without using a USB cord?

5 REPLIES 5

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi dlivrd1!

In most instances, Canon products will need to be connected to your computer so that you can scan.  However, some of our Multifunction products are capable of scanning via wireless connection.

To have a better understanding of your question, please let everyone know which Canon product you own.  Alternately, if you're interested in buying a product capable of wireless scanning, if you're looking for a scanner or a MultiFunction product. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for you.

Thanks!

cannon mg3222

Hello Leonard1Lanham,

Good news!  The PIXMA MG3222 does support wireless scanning and printing, so there is no need to worry as long as you have an access point to connect the printer to.

For more information on the requirements, or if you would like step-by-step directions on how to set this up, please visit the link below for further assistance.  Thanks so much! 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dslobodkin
Apprentice

Hi!

Pixm

I used to see a nice control panel for my mx920 on my deskto.  That control panel is now gone.  I ma not sure what happened. 

I used to be able to scan using that control panel, but when I try to scan from the printer to the PC, the printer  seems to be looking for a USB connection and the LAN is not shown.  The printer does not have a USB connected to it.  The computer is communicating with the printer thru the LAN for printing, but I cannot figure out how to get it to scan. 

Hi dslobodkin,

Which version of Windows or Mac do you use?  If this is a time-sensitive matter, please reach out to us at  http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further support.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements