cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I occasionally get this message please?

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Tronhard_0-1695234874166.png

It doesn't happen often, but on occasion, usually in relation to a thread that I have responded to and appears to have a new post.  Has the thread been deleted - in which case why doesn't it actually say that?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ding, ding, ding! 

We don't ever delete anything. We simply archive them, just in case. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I guess it is not really deleted, just has its access limited to the mods. That way, if it is a recurring problem or it develops into a lawsuit, they still have the original posts as evidence.

ding, ding, ding! 

We don't ever delete anything. We simply archive them, just in case. 

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

That's fine, but in that case it would it not make more sense if the message said something like:
"The post you are trying to access has been deleted or removed."   
It sounds less like it's a security issue with my access.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements