cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the typical duration of ordering direct from Canon?

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I ordered an In Stock RF lens directly from Canon and its status has been "Order Received and Ready for Processing" for a bit now.  For those that have ordered directly from Canon, what has been your experience to the time taken when placing the order to when the order will be processed? Thanks.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ricky,

In a non COVID world, one without hardwre and material constraints, my orders have been processed within 1-2 business days.  

Today however, I would expect 1-3 weeks. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Actually, the current duration is one day.  Problem was, when I ordered online, I attempted to use my Apple Card (Canon's store doesn't use Apple Pay, but one can still use the card via the number in the app).  But the payment failed during processing and Canon's ordering system didn't pass along that issue to me.   Thus, the order remained in limbo.

Anyhow, customer service and sales ultimately generated a new order for me today and it also shipped! Will get it in one to two days.

--
Ricky

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ricky,

In a non COVID world, one without hardwre and material constraints, my orders have been processed within 1-2 business days.  

Today however, I would expect 1-3 weeks. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick.  I put myself back on the B&H wait list to have a backup plan.  It's been really tricky as of late to get a hold of the RF 24-70 f/2.8L lens.  Popular item!

--
Ricky

Actually, the current duration is one day.  Problem was, when I ordered online, I attempted to use my Apple Card (Canon's store doesn't use Apple Pay, but one can still use the card via the number in the app).  But the payment failed during processing and Canon's ordering system didn't pass along that issue to me.   Thus, the order remained in limbo.

Anyhow, customer service and sales ultimately generated a new order for me today and it also shipped! Will get it in one to two days.

--
Ricky

jimpert
Apprentice

I was notified by Canon of an order that I did not make.  It must be fraudulent or a scam.  When I called Canon, I was told that wait times were over 10 minutes.  I waited longer than that, but no one came on the line.  Canon's supposed "chat" feature did not work either.  Canon should offer some meaningful way to complain about a bogus order.

Hi, jimpert! If you suspect that there's been a fraudulent order placed on your credit card, we recommend that you contact your credit card issuer immediately as they can put a stop to any unauthorized use of your card.

If your card issuer instructs you to contact us, you can reach our sales team at 1-800-385-2155 weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). We know it can be frustrating to be on hold, and we assure you that a member of our team will answer your call and resolve any outstanding issues.

Hope this helps!

Announcements