cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Status - Not in System" mean?

Danfun64
Contributor

Hello. I have recently bought a camera and noticed an issue with it fresh out of the box. A couple of days ago I set a repair request with the "Other" category. I have not sent the camera yet. Does "Not in System" simply mean that the camera hasn't arrived yet?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you buy it new?  If yes, your first step might be to return or exchange it.

If repair is the option you decide to pursue, then yes "Not in system" means it's not been received by the repair dept.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, I bought it new. Due to the nature of my problem (dancing white pixels in the top right, especially noticeable when recording video), it's quite possible that the only guaranteed way that my problem could be fixed is if I send it for repairs, as any new cameras could easily have the exact same problem.

If I do decide to exchange the camera, and the other camera doesn't have the problem, how would that affect the service request? Can it be canceled, or...?

@Danfun64 wrote:

Yes, I bought it new. Due to the nature of my problem (dancing white pixels in the top right, especially noticeable when recording video), it's quite possible that the only guaranteed way that my problem could be fixed is if I send it for repairs, as any new cameras could easily have the exact same problem.

If I do decide to exchange the camera, and the other camera doesn't have the problem, how would that affect the service request? Can it be canceled, or...?

It might not be in the system.  The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year for the service centers.  They should send you an email with a diagnosis and ask you to authorize any repairs.  

If you wish to know if the camera arrived safely, use the tracking number you were provided when you shipped it out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

In other words, it may not show up "in the system" until someone unpacks it and puts it on a test bench.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Since I bought it new, I will try getting a replacement first... Thanks for the advice!

Announcements