cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from T3/T5

theperfectplex
Contributor
I am going to upgrade from the canon T3 and T5. What is the next best option after that under $700 that would have wifi or Bluetooth and is compatible with my 75-300mm lens?
9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

If you can stretch it to $750, there's the T8i (body only).  That will work with your EF 75-300mm lens.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

theperfectplex
Contributor
I would like something that included a basic lens too though.

Head on over to B&H or other authorized Canon reseller and then search on Canon DSLRs, sorted by price. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I am going to upgrade from the canon T3 and T5."

I guess that is an upgrade but you are really just trading one used camera for another used camera. I really like the thought of adding another 50 bucks and buying the T8i.  Now that is a real upgrade and a 'new' camera.

Also, take a look in the Canon refurb store to see what might be available.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I am going to upgrade from the canon T3 and T5."

I guess that is an upgrade but you are really just trading one used camera for another used camera. I really like the thought of adding another 50 bucks and buying the T8i.  Now that is a real upgrade and a 'new' camera.

Also, take a look in the Canon refurb store to see what might be available.

Cheers Ernie.  T8i (nothing less) I recommend the same.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"T8i (nothing less) I recommend the same."

If I remember correctly the T5 is six or seven years old now.  The T8i is the way to go.

EB

theperfectplex
Contributor
I had both the T3 and T5. I’m upgrading from both of those. I was looking at the 8i and SL3

However, if he got the RP he would need the adapter to use his EF75-300 lens, and a 50 mm lens is not a "great" portrait lens on a FF camera. The RP is also about twice the price!

"... if he got the RP he would need the adapter to use his EF75-300 lens, and a 50 mm lens is not a "great" portrait lens on a FF camera."

Agreed. Would not be my frst choice either. A 50mm prime is way to restrictive compared to the new zooms available. Sometimes the cheap way to go is not so cheap.

EB
Announcements