cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To me, the "Canon Loyalty Program" seems like a slick way to shut their customers up.

MedievalBedazzl
Apprentice
I am the author of Medieval Bedazzle. As an author you can imagine I rely on my printer. For years my Canon MP610 has been good to me; never failing to meet my expectations. However, I have a problem with my faithful printer and its Canon's customer service that is letting me down.

Please tell me what has Canon done to help people whose printer is not bad but the programing in the actual printer is what's disabling the printer?  My model is Pixma MP610, but I am reading countless problems online with numerous other Canon Printer models. Also this particular problem I am having is the same as with the other newer more expensive Canon models as well. My printer although old (no longer in stores), it is a perfectly good /in shape printer that never had an issue until the other day.  After numerous attempts to clean the print head with deep cleaning and alignment test, I FINALLY for the first time ever, took out the print head and cleaned it with warm water.  I FIXED THE ISSUE!  However, when I went to replace  the printhead into my printer, it was completely disabled due to a message U051 error.

The ink cartriges were all lit up as normal, but 12- U052 error message came on my Pixma MP610 printerIt reads "The type of printhead is incorrect. Install the correct printhead. After emailing my situation, I was directed to call the Canon Loyalty Program. Thus, I called up customer service for the Loyalty program. I did exactly as Canon's email to me had asked. However, the representatives stated that they no longer make that model printer and although I have ink still, no printer they have out now utilizes the ink I have. You can imagine my dissappointment in the response. I though, " This is awful, because I have lots of ink, I always keep two sets of extra ink."

The representative also told me that they no longer sell that printhead for my printer... it was discontinued in February. So the option they gave me was to buy a new printer from them through the Loyalty program.  The solution was: HEY GIRL NOW I DONT KNOW HOW YOU GOT AWAY WITH USING THAT PRINTER ALL THESE YEARS, BUT ITS OLD, LETS UPDATE YOU.....             But my concern is that this is not about money nor buying more. Its about something more serious. It is about the fact that all that was wrong was my printhead needed to be cleaned. I did that. It was not damaged by the cleaning because the ink containers were all lit up. Simply removing the printhead made my entire printer OBSELTE. 

No, its not the age of the printer. Just becaus the model is no longer selling in the stores does not mean it is no good. I am certain that I dont need an updated model.This can be easily fixed, but I dont know how to fix it.  This is an ongoing Canon problem with all the models. This is not something I expected to happen because the printer is years old, because it has been well cared for and properly maintained.

Regardless, I called up the loyalty program thinking I might get a BREAK in price when the email sent to me said:

I appreciate your continued correspondence regarding the PIXMA MP610.

Since that didn't resolve the issue the PIXMA MP610 would need to be serviced. You are eligible for Canon's Loyalty Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.

Now those pretty words made me think that perhaps Canon might care.  But I called up and it sounded as if i was being chatised for owning an "Outdated Model" in the first place.  So I agreed to get a replacement,  yet, the prices you wish to sell me a new Canon for are the SAME (but higher prices) for the same product selling in STAPLES and BEST BUY.  There is no bargain.  There is actually an increase.

I went onto the web to search for a solution and I found this website community with the topic:   Call to Arms for the dreaded U052-Wrong Printhead.
This website has a ton of people with the same exact issue.  I spent the money to get new cartridges and this error occurs when all I did was remove the printhead to clean it then reinstall it.  Not only have I wasted money on the cartridges, you want to charge for repairs? Charge for repair or get me to buy a new one through Canon Loyalty Program? Yet, Canon Loyalty program is more expensive than Staples or Best Buy. Its not discount at all.  I am not being disrespectful, but with the track record that I see with this issue online, you should be recalling the many Canon printers and fixing the problem for free or offering 50% discount on new models. Honestly why would anyone want to buy another Canon if Canon is not truly fixing an issue that is showing up on several of its models new and old?  You have a ton of complaints regarding this issue online and I am sorry but what are you doing to resolve this problem on the new and outdated printer models such as mine?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements