cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support

amjjoo
Contributor

Hello,

Today I contacted Canon to get help reconnecting my Chromebook to my Canon MG2920 printer wirelessly. I had recently lost connection to this printer.

After an online chat, I was called by a tech who sounded like he was in India. After checking to see that my Windows computer could make the connection [even after I told him I had already confirmed this connection]. After making a successful test print, he implied that the reason I could not print from the Chromebook was that my wireless link was infected and he wanted to sell me security software at roughly $100/yr. During the small talk, he asked me about the Presidential election in the US and who I would support. This is highly inappropriate and somewhat embarrassing. He also asked me my age. I finally disconnected the phone conversation as I was concerned that he not serving my original request. I believe his first name was Victor.

You should know about this as it can surely affect future sales in Canon equipment. I understand that it is important to reduce the cost of tech support, but not at the expense of future sales.

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks, my bad.  I have been working on this problem for some weeks now following printed instructions and on line instructions from Canon, so I guess I was getting desperate.  Thanks for your help.

Announcements