cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade from EOS Rebel T3 to pro DSLR or mirrorless?

raghuwar2
Apprentice

I know that the best camera is the one you have with you. I am an amateur and have been shooting on a Rebel T3 for a while. I shoot almost entirely stills. I'm looking to get into some light action like my farmers market or free concerts. I have the budget to upgrade. Should I upgrade to a Mk iV D, Mk 6D II, or an R? Should I stick with the T3 and learn more? I have 4 pieces of EF glass so that is a concern.

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The decision to upgrade is always a personal one.   Can I suggest reading the following article to get some idea of questions you should consider.
Considerations for getting new camera gear 

When you have considered the things it addresses, it would be very helpful to know PRECISELY what models lenses you have - exactly what is written on the very front of each lens, especially if it is EF or EF-S because that has implications on your upgrade possibilities.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Should you upgrade, that depends on you. I appreciate modern technology and the benefits that come with it.  Much has changed in the 13 years since your T3 was released.  Trevor has provided a great article that gives you guidance and insight.  What to consider and why. 

If you enjoy photography, you will enjoy a new/newer camera.  We understand budget is of consideration.  We can make recommendations based on the type of photography you enjoy and your budget.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements