cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or real? - Email claiming to be from Canon

Arusas9000
Apprentice

Hi,

Recently got an email I've never experienced, just wondering if this is a scam or if its legit? The email was from tomasz.piekarz@onet.eu. The email read as follows.

Hello!

My name is Tomasz, and I am a PR manager at Canon. We have been watching your work on YouTube and appreciate the excellent quality of your content and your talent in engaging and inspiring your audience.

We are pleased to inform you that we will soon be launching a new line of cameras with artificial intelligence support. These cameras are cutting-edge devices designed to elevate the quality of both photography and videography. We are sure that your audience will be very interested in these new products, and they will become key instruments in content production.

We propose a partnership to help promote these innovative cameras. Your expertise and influence could greatly enhance our marketing campaign, and we are eager to explore different ways we can work together for mutual benefit.

We see many opportunities for mutually beneficial cooperation, such as:

• Reviewing and testing the newest Canon cameras.
    • Incorporating our promotional video into your content.
    • Collaborating on joint projects and producing creative videos.

In return, we are prepared to provide you with:

• Access to our cutting-edge products and technologies.
    • Support in the form of advertising campaigns on our official channels.
    • Monetary compensation for your efforts.

We believe our collaboration can enable you to produce even better and more engaging content, and reach a wider audience. We are eager to discuss the possibilities of working together at a time that suits you.

If you are interested, please inform us, and we will get in touch to discuss the next steps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Piekarz
PR Manager at Canon

11 REPLIES 11

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Your YT site was their starting point, hoping to draw you into their snare.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

GUWB
Apprentice

I also received this email and replied to him. I also received his PDF and clicked on it. I'm only finding this thread now. I wish I would have check here first. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements