cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or real? - Email claiming to be from Canon

Arusas9000
Apprentice

Hi,

Recently got an email I've never experienced, just wondering if this is a scam or if its legit? The email was from tomasz.piekarz@onet.eu. The email read as follows.

Hello!

My name is Tomasz, and I am a PR manager at Canon. We have been watching your work on YouTube and appreciate the excellent quality of your content and your talent in engaging and inspiring your audience.

We are pleased to inform you that we will soon be launching a new line of cameras with artificial intelligence support. These cameras are cutting-edge devices designed to elevate the quality of both photography and videography. We are sure that your audience will be very interested in these new products, and they will become key instruments in content production.

We propose a partnership to help promote these innovative cameras. Your expertise and influence could greatly enhance our marketing campaign, and we are eager to explore different ways we can work together for mutual benefit.

We see many opportunities for mutually beneficial cooperation, such as:

• Reviewing and testing the newest Canon cameras.
    • Incorporating our promotional video into your content.
    • Collaborating on joint projects and producing creative videos.

In return, we are prepared to provide you with:

• Access to our cutting-edge products and technologies.
    • Support in the form of advertising campaigns on our official channels.
    • Monetary compensation for your efforts.

We believe our collaboration can enable you to produce even better and more engaging content, and reach a wider audience. We are eager to discuss the possibilities of working together at a time that suits you.

If you are interested, please inform us, and we will get in touch to discuss the next steps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Piekarz
PR Manager at Canon

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Arusas9000!  We can confirm that this email is not from Canon USA.  We also checked our employee directory and found no one by that name who currently works for us.  Official email from Canon USA will come from a domain name ending in "canon.com."

Hope this helps you and anyone else who might have gotten a similar email!

Hi, I am receive it too, yesterday. Next step he send me pdf file with link to programm with therms for colaboration.

hackmyth
Apprentice

Hi, I am receive it too, yesterday. Next step he send me pdf file with link to programm with therms for colaboration. 

Don't click on those files. That's a good way to lose control of your channel and personal info. 

I am open pdf file, but I was check file with security programm. File is clean. But inside file is link to dropbox. I am not touch it

This is a scam and not an email from Canon. Please don't click on any files and be sure to report this as a phishing attempt/spam to your email provider to help get that email address blocked.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

The whole thing tells me it is a scam. First, it is a European address as noted by "eu." Second, do you "participate" on YouTube?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

It is a scam. 100%.

Yes, my channel is hackmyth

click here to view the gallery
Announcements