cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about extenders.

jimmy637
Contributor

I have seen many charts and examples about auto focus with extenders but no mention about IS operating with the extender?

Does IS function in with the extender the same as the auto function per the charts?

3 REPLIES 3

Skirball
Authority

I believe it depends on the camera and in some instances the lens.  You can look up the specific extender and usually you'll find a list of cameras and lenses that the AF and IS will not work with.

This is my question! I have seen the charts but none I have seen mention IS fuction. Does any one have a combination that can verify that IS works or does not work in conjunction or with out the AF function? 

cicopo
Elite

With all the different lenses & TC's out there I don't think you'll get a definitive answer BUT I don't remember seeing any complaints that IS didn't work when using a TC. The exception would be if you need to tape pins so it doesn't report it's between the body & lens (usually done to trick the AF) which may fool IS but that's just a guess.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements