cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA - don't use Amazon Pay or Paypal for items that may be back ordered

advball
Apprentice

I just had my RF200-800 lens order from November canceled and was told it was my fault because I used Amazon Pay.  I like to shield my CC numbers whenever possible.  I was told the only way to fix this is to submit another order and pay directly with my CC.  I have no problem, except they tell me I have lost my allotment and now will be placed at the bottom of the list.  When I placed the order, it was pre-order not back-ordered.  They should have notified me to change the payment method when this was changed.

I'm pretty peeved about this knowing they could re-instate my place in line, but refuse to do so because it is difficult.

7 REPLIES 7

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Could you cancel the order and buy elsewhere?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

The issue is that it was cancelled due to what payment was selected.  It seems like the payment wasn't taken at the time of the order which means it wasn't fully processed at that point.  Instead, probably just some pre-check done, which succeeded.  But then at the time of the actual payment, it failed.

I've seen similar I think with Apple Pay with some online systems where payment is delayed to a later point.

Also, re-ordering, which needs to be done, ultimately doesn't keep your place in line for this pre-ordered item.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

That’s not at all what happened. The order was processed and my card was charged. 
Please get your facts straight. 
Canon should give you a chance to fix the order before cancellation. 

Exactly who has it in stock?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Just curious, does "they" mean Canon?  Or did you order somewhere else?  

The sales portal shows the following forms of payment are accepted.

• Wire Transfer
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard

So I added a RF 200-800 and 4yr CarePak and saw that Amazon Pay and PayPal were both options for guest check out.  I don't use these.  I always use the same CC when ordering from Canon. My CC is automatically shielded.   

I would think Canon might be able to help with your "turn" in line if you spoke with someone in the sales dept. 

1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday:
9:00 am to 7:00 pm

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not true. The sales portal list Amazon pay as one of the options 

@advball wrote:

Not true. The sales portal list Amazon pay as one of the options 

Thats what my reply states.  > Amazon and PayPal

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements