cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of 48'35" on display sx260hs?

hcgolf4fun
Apprentice

Canon sx 260hs you tube states it is battery life and every time I place a fully charged one in the number is totally different either lower or higher. How can that be possible? Can I get rid of that off the lcd screen?

Is it really beneficial to have the gps logger on always? or gps is good enough on its own?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hcgolf4fun,

You are correct that 48'23" is the remaining shooting time available.  In this case it is 48 minutes 23 seconds.  You can toggle the amount of information that is displayed on the screen by pressing the DISP button.  However, it is not possible to remove a specific item from any particular display setting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Is it really beneficial to have the gps logger on always? or gps is good enough on its own?"

In order for the GPS to work properly, it must be on at all times.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you 

hcgolf4fun
Apprentice

I have read in this forum when it states on the LCD screen - eg 48' 23" means it has 48 hours 23 seconds of recording time so therefore that number only refers to video recording. How can I get it off the screen since I don't use the camera for video taping?

hcgolf4fun,

You are correct that 48'23" is the remaining shooting time available.  In this case it is 48 minutes 23 seconds.  You can toggle the amount of information that is displayed on the screen by pressing the DISP button.  However, it is not possible to remove a specific item from any particular display setting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the info.

Announcements