cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images scanned with LiDE 100 scanner suddenly changed color and quality

LuxKiller65
Apprentice

Hi, I've having an issue that I cannot seem to fix and explain.

I have a Windows XP machine and a Windows 7 machine, both using the same drivers and version of MP Navigator. Both have exactly the same settings inside MP Navigator, as I use the scanner driver function with 600dpi and all corrections set to off.

I used to scan with both machines and the result was (understandably) the same. But then I formatted the Windows 7 machine, and now even though I set up everything like before, when I scan an image:

-- the size is much lower, from 6mb to 1.5mb for the same image (compared to the same scan done in Windows XP)

-- the quality is worse, I scan a CD with the cover closed, and before, the background was bright white, now it's grey and the whole scan has a grey halo/fog.

The crazy thing is that now, even scanning with the Windows XP machines gives out larger images (as before), but with the worse quality/grey fog.

Why is this happening? I can post 2 examples so you can see the difference in quality.

many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi!

If you have sample images that illustrate the problem, feel free to include them in a post.  Just click the "Insert/edit image" button at the top of the text box to add images and we're sure they'll help the community better diagnose your scanner's problem.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements