cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking at a Mark iii

piekarek
Apprentice

Why is there such a price difference between the various sellers?

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz

Some sells at MSRP while others sell at street price. Stores that sell a lot of cameras can get them cheaper so they can sell it cheaper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

chikung
Contributor

most of the time you find the best prices on Amazon - as previously said those who buy in bulks can sell them cheaper 🙂

I'd check over there if I were you

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
I think there's a bit of a rebate so it's available at $3200 (or maybe it was $3300) for the "body only". I've occasionally seen it a bit less but I don't think I've ever seen it lower than $2900 (there was a brief period where dealers were getting very competitive). If you see it less than that... watch out because it may be fraud.

Also... do make SURE you're getting a "USA" version (they're all made in the same place... this just means the camera was imported by Canon and not by some gray-market channel.) Canon only provides service on cameras validly imported. I'm not just talking about warranty service... even out of warranty you can't even "pay" for service on a camera that wasn't imported through valid channels.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements