cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a CanoScan Lide 700F scanner ,how do I scan Black and white neg.and turn them into positives?

Teddy
Apprentice

I am scaning all old pictures, docts,  slides ,but I have alot of b&w negs verious sizes, how can I turn  them into b&w positives??

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Do you have any post editing software?  Maybe time to buy one.  Photoshop Elements is very good and most agree the best.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Teddy.

The MP Navigator EX software that was bundled with your CanoScan LiDE 700F can be used to scan your black and white negatives.  To use the MP Navigator, please follow these steps:

1.  Start MP Navigator EX and open the Navigation Mode screen.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click Film.

3.  Place the film on the Platen.

4.  Click Specify... to set the document size and scanning resolution as required.

5.  When setting is completed, click OK.

Important
Film may not be scanned correctly when Film Type in the Scan Settings dialog box is set to Auto. In that case, select the type of film in Film Type and scan again.

Note
To scan black and white film, it is recommended that you select Black and White Negative Film or Black and White Positive Film for Film Type in the Scan Settings dialog box.

6.  Click Scan.  Preview scan starts.  When preview scan of the film is completed, the preview image appears.

Important
If a message for calibration appears, remove the film, then place the Film Adapter Unit over the first frame of the Film Guide and click OK.

7.  When the calibration is completed, follow the on-screen instructions to load the film into the Film Guide, then click OK.

Note
Preview image does not appear when the Preview before scanning checkbox is not selected in the Scan Settings dialog box. The scanned images appear directly in the Thumbnail window.

8.  Select the checkbox of the frame and click Scan.  When scanning is completed, the Scan Complete dialog box opens.

9.  Select Scan or Exit. To scan another frame, place the Film Adapter Unit over the frame you want to scan, then select Scan. Select Exit to end.

The scanned images appear in the Thumbnail window.

10.  Edit the scanned images as required.  Use Edit Tools to rotate images, select a part of an image, etc.

Note
First select images to edit. (Selected images are outlined in orange.) Drag the mouse or use Shift + arrow keys to select multiple images.

11.  Save the scanned images.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements