cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Suggestion for Ease of Use

Nick55
Enthusiast

It would be nice in a particular subject thread to scroll down to bottom and not see Load more replies, but a line score of total pages, 1, 2, 3 for example.

We then know how many pages and can go to last page directly, not having to scroll down, load more replies, scroll down, load more replies, scroll down……

12 REPLIES 12

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

One setting I find helpful is to display the newest replies first.   The only time I then need to repeatedly load more is when needed to re-read an original reply (though for myself, that is very rare).

You can also adjust the number of posts per page.

Still, I think what you describe would be an additional improvement.

thread_settings.png

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I've been experimenting with this.  Ricky's suggestion is very good, and I also would like a "jump to" page # option.

I've been toggling back and forth between the two on the thread level.

shadowsports_0-1679237863641.png

This is helpful when someone inserts a reply to a individual post that exists in a multi-page thread.  You open a topic and then find you have to sift through pages of replies to find a random post.  This toggle bring it right to the top.  Ricky's suggestion affects all threads.  I may give it a try.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tagging @ccanada for visibility. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Stephen!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

What I am asking for is already in place if you are in the Speedlite section or lenses section. 
Open a category and then scroll down multiple topics in the Speedlite section and listed is multiple page index, 1,2, 3 etc. 

the solution is already in place. 

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning @Nick55 , @shadowsports and @rs-eos .

Are you all asking if we can replace the "LOAD MORE REPLIES" button with paginated navigation at the Topic level?

tempsnip.png 

Yes

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nick55 That is a great suggestion! I will forward to our community engineers. As soon as I hear back, I will provide an update.

@ccanada

Hi Chris,

Good Evening.  From a navigation standpoint, a paginated menu would be a nice option.  I'm certainly open to other's preference also.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements