Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit images in My Image Garden

lora
Apprentice

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else had this problem:

I can view and print images using My Image Garden just fine,  but when I try to use Correct/Enhance or Special Filter functionality, all I can see is a question mark in the center of the edit window instead of the image I want to edit. I tried to edit different files: from my camera, from my iphone, just simple jpg pictures, the result looks the same:

Clip.jpg

I have Windows 8, and I redownloaded and reinstalled the program a couple of times to maker sure that this is not a corrupt installation problem.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For those interested (from support :-)): found what the problem was. In Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced Settings tab Location of Temporary Files (and Location of Scanned Images too - but I think it was irrelevant to my problem) were set to non-existing folders. As soon as I set these parameters to valid folders, I was able to edit files.

I am not sure how that happened, but I copied some stuff from my old laptop so maybe some config files got copied too ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi lora,

Sometimes the Correct/Enhance feature may not work due to insufficent memory if the image size is too large.  What is the size of the images that you are trying to edit?  If you are able to reduce the file size, are you able to view and correct the images successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried to edit different images, those from my iphone are 2-3 Mb only. And my laptop has 8Gb RAM so I am not sure this is a memory problem ... Or do I need to change My Image Garden settings to allocate more memory to it?

Actually, the picture on my screenshot above must be just a few hundred Kb and still it cannot be edited ...

For those interested (from support :-)): found what the problem was. In Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced Settings tab Location of Temporary Files (and Location of Scanned Images too - but I think it was irrelevant to my problem) were set to non-existing folders. As soon as I set these parameters to valid folders, I was able to edit files.

I am not sure how that happened, but I copied some stuff from my old laptop so maybe some config files got copied too ...
Announcements