cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera equipment registration

thayakawa
Contributor
I recently purchased EOS R6 and Ef-R adapter but I'm having problem registering them on their website.

I go to their website and enter all necessary information, click "Next" and it goes to a screen to verify my name and address. All is well and I click "Register Product" but it doesn't do anything.

I tried with two different computers my smart phone and three different browsers.

I called the customer service today and they couldn't figure it out. They told me to check again in 1 week...

Anyone else experienced the same thing? Is something wrong with my account?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

I've registered 3 products in the past 7 days with no problems. I logged into my account first (Canon USA), then selected "My Products" in the sidebar, then clicked "Add Products" in the upper right.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

thayakawa
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've been doing the same thing. I logged into my account first and adding the products. It's starting to look like it's my account that's the problem. I will call them again to see if they can fix it. I'm also surprised that they can't register my camera over the phone!

@thayakawa wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've been doing the same thing. I logged into my account first and adding the products. It's starting to look like it's my account that's the problem. I will call them again to see if they can fix it. I'm also surprised that they can't register my camera over the phone!

That's pretty odd and I hope they check into it to see if your account is to blame. I recall in the later half of last year (2020) Canon was having problems, but surely they have it squared away by now. The fact that you and another in this thread has the same issue indicates that something is going on. You may have to resort to the mail in reg. that came with your device. I would also check that the vendor you bought your device from is certified by Canon. I've read that Canon USA will reject some serial numbers, depending on who/where the items were sold, Gray Market comes to mind, but I have no first hand experience with that 🙂

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

thayakawa
Contributor
Thanks. I bought my R6 from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) and EF to R adapter from Canon USA store. So I'm pretty sure it's not the serial number issue. I'm planning on calling again tomorrow to find out if they could reach out to their IT person.

@thayakawa wrote:
Thanks. I bought my R6 from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) and EF to R adapter from Canon USA store. So I'm pretty sure it's not the serial number issue. I'm planning on calling again tomorrow to find out if they could reach out to their IT person.

Great! That eliminates that as a reason. I bought the same thing, the R6 and adapter, LOL! I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far.

thayakawa
Contributor
Me too. I'm really enjoying them. I have my first photoshoot with them this week.

There was no warranty mail in card. I don't even think I can mail in my registration... I'm just frustrated with otherwise joyful experience.

I'll call again tomorrow and let you know.

@thayakawa wrote:

There was no warranty mail in card. I don't even think I can mail in my registration... I'm just frustrated with otherwise joyful experience.

I'll call again tomorrow and let you know.

Appreciate the info. I'm sure it will help others in the same boat.

Newton

thayakawa
Contributor
So I called Canon custor support again and they created a trouble ticket for the IT to take a look. Apparently other people are having the same issue. They asked me to try again in one week.... Again...

I'm a little bit frustrated but it's ok. It's just nice to see my new camera on my "Product List" and pack up all my paperwork... More to come...

thayakawa
Contributor
After a month and half of going back and forth, we finally found the problem.

Under "My Profile" page on my Canon account, there was an additional phone number which had a few extra digits to it. How it got there, I don't know. But I deleted the phone number leaving just my primary phone number, saved it. I went back to the registration page and I was finally register my products!

I wish the first Canon person that I talked to knew about this glitch...

Anyway, whoever read this with the same problem, please check your profile!
Announcements