cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camcorder Choice

Corr
Apprentice
Our Historical Society does video interview of individuals and puts them on Vimeo to link to their website. They have asked for a recommendation of the most economical camcorder to best do the job. They want HD, hard drive and card media, use of external FM microphone, low light capability to film in a fluorescent lighted conference room and reasonably wide angle capability. They want to be able to edit on iMovie software. They do not need wifi connectivity. Can some one help me sort out among the Canon products the best camcorder for these needs?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Corr,

Based on what you are looking for, I recommend the VIXIA HF R40.  It shoots in Full HD, has internal storage and it can be used with SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards.  You can also connect most self-powered stereo microphones that use a 3.5mm connector to it.  It shoots great with indoor lighting and the format of the video should work with many editing platforms, like iMovie.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Corr,

Based on what you are looking for, I recommend the VIXIA HF R40.  It shoots in Full HD, has internal storage and it can be used with SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards.  You can also connect most self-powered stereo microphones that use a 3.5mm connector to it.  It shoots great with indoor lighting and the format of the video should work with many editing platforms, like iMovie.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements