cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back ground effects

Pixelated
Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to perhaps blur the back ground more when using a fabric back drop. I can't seem to get it just perfect I can still see faint creases in the fabric, maybe I just need to spend more time steaming it? Or pull the subject out more from the backdrop ? Any advise is appreciated!

Nic
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Take a look at this web site, DOFmaster dot com.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Any advise is appreciated!"

OK Smiley Happy

Is this stills or video?  If it is stills, the answer is Photoshop.  Make the background any way you want it.  If it is video, I don't have a clue!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

" Any advise is appreciated!"

OK Smiley Happy

Is this stills or video?  If it is stills, the answer is Photoshop.  Make the background any way you want it.  If it is video, I don't have a clue!

I think Ernie is suggesting combining more than one photo into one final image. Photograph the background curtains, and foreground subject separately.

For example, you can take a beauty shot of your background, blurred out just the way you want it. In fact, you can capture a shot of the curtains, nice and sharp, and then use Photoshop to blur it to the exact amount you want.

Then, you would photograph the subject against a flat color background, like a green screen to use as a mask.  Later on, you would use Photoshop to substitute the earlier shot of the finished background for the flat color background behind your subject. 

It is an approach rather similar to placing mulitple images of yourself within the same photo. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"... you can take a beauty shot of your background, blurred out just the way you want it. In fact, you can capture a shot of the curtains, nice and sharp, and then use Photoshop to blur it to the exact amount you want.  ...  you would photograph the subject against a flat color background, like a green screen to use as a mask.  Later on, you would use Photoshop to substitute the earlier shot of the finished background for the flat color background behind your subject."

While this would work and I admit I have gone to this much effort myself, it isn't really all that involved.  If you can't do something in Photoshop it is usually your lack of your skill set with PS.  Not that PS can't do it.  Learn how to use PS and make the BG anyway you want it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements