cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to replace the shutter for the Canon 6D?

Trance
Apprentice

I heard some place online said the cost for replace shutter for Canon 5D Mark 2 is about $250, and someone else mentioned to replace the shutter for Canon 6D is about $150.

Can anyone here tell how much is it cost to replace the shutter for canon 6D from Canon Serivce?

thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Two questions?

You have a 6D that needs a shutter already?

You have a 6D and it is not still under warranty?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

As ebiggs has already hinted... it would be extremely surprising if a shutter on a 6D has already failed given the number of shutter activations that these things are rated to take (it would normally take a very active photography many years to wear out a shutter and a casual photographer would be unlikely to ever wear out a shutter.)

This makes me wonder why you think your shutter has failed.   Perhaps there is a different issue that might be more easily remedied.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Macropod
Apprentice

My shutter gave out.  I take thousands of images a day because I do use the photostcaking technique.  Did you ever find out how much this cost?  I sent my body in today to get repaired and i haven't heard an estimate yet.  I'm a little worried.

I just got mine replaced on my Canon 6d. $254 after $84 in discounts because I'm a CPS member (Canon Professional Services).
Announcements