Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon 70D Pink flashing problem

@Timberr wrote:

Yeah its nasty isnt it! I was worried about the potential for it being something to do with the image sensor. Stills are fine with it, Ive had no problem at all with them..so far, fingers crossed! Only when shooting video and only the last 2 shoots

Check your manual to see what the overheating icons look like.  The icons should also flash when shutdown is imminent.

Good luck, just the same.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Good point! A hot sensor can cause problems with the image quality, but you should see the "Internal Temperature" warning icons. I've attached a screenshot from the manual page 287 (you can download the whole manual HERE.)

Movie Shooting Icons 70D.JPG

I realized those are hard to see. Here are the actual icons:
White and Red Icons.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Timberr wrote:

Hi folks

Anyone seen this issue before? Just started on my 70D the other day, very sporadic but incredibly annoying. I thought it was just flashes but it effects all the black in the shot as shown on this raw file I uploaded to Vimeo. The flashing happens on the screen when recording and is on the file which woudl tend to rule out purely a screen problem. Cant seem to find too many answers online so far.

https://vimeo.com/222956386

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Tim

Looks to me like it is the flash from other cameras and cell phones causing the Auto White Balance to 'jump' to a different white balance. If you had manually set your camera's white balance to 'Daylight' I doubt you would see the pink.

VIP

That's what I had initially thought, too.  The second video clip, seems to dispense with the idea that flashes are unbalancing the Auto WB setting.  The pink is not uniform across the entire image.  It appears as pink streaks and blotches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

That's what I had initially thought, too.  The second video clip, seems to dispense with the idea that flashes are unbalancing the Auto WB setting.  The pink is not uniform across the entire image.  It appears as pink streaks and blotches.

I missed the second video. Yes the streaking seems to rule out white balance.