cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D vs Canon 70D vs Canon 7D

lalaknight
Apprentice
Hi,
I'm new to photography and I love it. I'm having a hard time choosing between the 6D, 7D, and 70D. What's the significant differences between these 3? I want to start doing family portraits in natural light, mostly outside in natural surroundings. I also have a 8 month old who's moving all over the place and I want to get LOTS of photo's of her. I'm interested in photo's that have a high depth of field. I work at alot of music festival's (day and night, indoor and outdoor) and I really want to shoot at those. So basically I need a camera for
Natural light
Family Portraits
Baby/Infant
Concerts
Festivals
Action
Outdoor
Headshots

I'm just so confuse as to what to pick. I can't afford a Mark III. These are the only ones in my budget. Thanks so much for all the help and advice in advance.
30 REPLIES 30

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Very well said Tim as always.  You hit the "Post" a second or two before I did.  But a nice explanation.

People, or novice's get way too caught up in numbers than they do in just using the equipment.

Meh, Tim's post was accurate but wordy. I said the same in a third fewer words. But I don't regard the issue in the context of a test scenario, I just use the analogy of equivalents. Most people get that because it is concise.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements