cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Canon EOS Rebel T3

husentiel91
Apprentice

I know this question is asked a lot here and, trying to get into photography myself, I'll get right to it. Basically, wanting to shoot anything I can, starting with landscapes and possibly basic portraits and things. I'm really looking into practicing a lot and mainly just going out into the world to shoot. I have the option to buy a Canon EOS Rebel T3i as noted in the title for the price of $170. It comes with an 18-55mm lens and a few other smaller accessories. I'm really just wondering if it's a good starter camera. Is that a good price to pick it up at? I know that the camera doesn't really matter, but it's one that is readily available to me. Thanks for any input, guys!!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Seems like a pretty good deal for a starter camera. It is purposely crippled in some areas, but as long as you work within its boundaries, it is a fine camera.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I'd pass on it. It is a near 10 year old design.  If you were just wanting to get a camera and shoot snpshots it might be a decent idea but for a person that thinks they are interested in going further in photography I don't like the idea.  It is a waste of $170. The $170 bucks is money that can be saved and used to buy a more suitable choice. I guarantee you, you will buy a better camera so why not just start with one?

The Rebel T(x) camera are cut t the bone. Bare necessitates. Look instead for one of the Rebel T(x)i cameras.  Even the older T3i is a better choice.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Xmas are coming too.  This is a great time of year to be shopping for a new camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements