cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 - no display when USB cable is plugged in

codabass
Apprentice

Hello..

I am using my T7 to live stream video.. and so far the camera looks great.

I have an issue however, and not sure if there is a way to set things up differently.

When my USB cable is plugged in - I can see everything on my macbook and can stream fine.  However, I cannot change any of the camera settings or access the menues hitting the "Q" button....     all I get is a black screen.

I can see some menu items if I hit the "live view" shotting button..  but the menu disapeaas quicly making things hard to setup.

Any suggesiton guys?  would love to be able to adjust the camera while its filming (appature, ISO etc).

thanks

Richard

8 REPLIES 8

Macrophotog
Apprentice
Have you tried canon connect? No idea if it works or not , but live view will not work will your plugged into pc or laptop.

Thanks,  will try that and let you know how it goes Smiley Happy

@codabass wrote:

Clever videographers use variable ND filters on their lenses to control exposure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@codabass wrote:

Clever videographers use variable ND filters on their lenses to control exposure.

I will try that out for sure 🙂

thanks

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds pretty normal to me.  The camera is in remote shooting mode.  What application are you running on the Mac?  

I do not know if you can remotely control the camera in video mode, but you can certainly control it when shooting stills.

@Waddizzle wrote:

Sounds pretty normal to me.  The camera is in remote shooting mode.  What application are you running on the Mac?  

I do not know if you can remotely control the camera in video mode, but you can certainly control it when shooting stills.

Hey Waddizzle, 

I'm using ecamm live - its a streaming software that just uses my camera via USB as one of its listed cameras...  thus would love to have solid control over how everything looks...    esp the ISO, appiture, etc..

Thanks

Richard

@codabass wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Hey Waddizzle, 

I'm using ecamm live - its a streaming software that just uses my camera via USB as one of its listed cameras...  thus would love to have solid control over how everything looks...    esp the ISO, appiture, etc..

Thanks

Richard

The T7 is an entry level camera.  It can handle the static "talking head" shot you see all over YouTube.  Set up the exposure before going live.  Take a couple photos to check the exposure, white balance, and focus.

He may also want to look at the Canon Webcam utility.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

Not sure if it will address all of his needs however.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements