cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i Filming Lens

ZSUNTKEN
Contributor

I am using my Rebel T6i to film hunts. I am using the lens that the camera came with,18-55mm.  I want something that can reach out further and still be good for when I need shots up close. What would you guys recommend? 

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The whole point of a T6i is to change lenses for different needs. I would suggest an ef-s 55-250 to add some reach along with the kit lens, and a ef-s 60mm macro for really close shots.

Thank you for the info! Im pretty new at all  of photography/videography stuff so any info definately helps.

@ZSUNTKEN wrote:

Thank you for the info! Im pretty new at all  of photography/videography stuff so any info definately helps.

I always tell people who are new to videography that you must FIRST be a good photographer.  If you do not know how to capture great stills, then you may never get the hang of capturing great video, which is basic photography on steroids.

As to your immediate "problem" of having a camera that can better zoom in, the above lens suggestion is a good one.  I would only add that you may want to consider using a "B Roll" camera for such shots.  That means a 2nd camera for the long shots.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements