Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Rebel 2000, freezes after using flash

I have a Rebel 2000 that I got at a thrift store a while back just to have a film camera to play around with. So i picked up a roll of film to test it out and the first thing I noticed was that when taking pictures that required flash, the flash would go off and the shutter would close but it wouldn't open. Not only that but the camera's little display would turn off and not come back on, requiring me to remove the batteries and reinsert them. Without flash it seems to be working fine, focus works, shutter closes and opens, problems only with flash. It seems like the flash is sort of overloading the camera and causing a short making it shutoff and need a reset (just a hunch). I have yet to develop the film so I'm not sure it's even working at all but regardless I don't think it should be doing this.

Anybody have an ideas what the problem may be?

VIP

Re: Rebel 2000, freezes after using flash

If it works without flash I would just use it that way.  It will not be cost effective to even have it evaluated.

You might try a brand new battery.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

Re: Rebel 2000, freezes after using flash

Yea I don't use it nearly enough to have it looked at. I have Duracell Ultras in it now, what would you recommend though?