cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700d EOS Flash makes picture dark HELP!!

Lamanda2
Contributor

Hi! 

I have a problem with my 700D Canon EOS. 

My Flash does pop up and flash, but when I use it my picture gets dark like my flash isn’t working while I take pictures. My flash does light up when I take pictures, but my pictures doesn’t lights up

I have reset my camera, but nothing works... Please help me! 

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Do you have an example?  Is the entire image dark, or just a portion?   How far away is the subject from the camera/flash?

What mode are you using (manual, program, etc.) and what are the settings (aperture, shutter, etc.)?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi. 

I have tried to take pictures of subjects in different distance - up close and far away. 

Yes, here are examples with different mode mode with normal settings. 

1IMG_3638.JPG

The flash works, but I think it is becaue the camera doesn´t know the flash is there or it doesn´t know how to work with it at the same time... I don´t know how the camera turned this way... 

Maybe because the camera is 4 years old? 

Try resetting the camera back to factory defaults.  You will need to be in one of the Creative modes to see the menu option. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lamanda2
Contributor
Hi. So I just did what you said and it still turns the same...

Greetings,

What lens are you using with the camera? (model)

Post an example image that includes EXIF data (not a thumbnail)

Verify you have performed the following:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143033

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi! 

I use Canon EF- S18-55 F4-5.6 IS STM lens. 

Example: IMG_3637.JPGScreenshot 2020-05-02 at 19.06.06.png

Yes, I have tried to do the same as the link you shared. 

There may be conditions in which the pop-up flash is used only as an aid to auto-focusing. This may come into use under low light shooting situations or if the camera does not detect an area of sufficient contrast to determine focus distance. This low-power flash event occurs a split second before the shutter opens and closes so that it does not add any light to the actual exposure.

I have no actual experience using a 700D however, and don't know what settings you would have to change to make the camera act in this manner. The user's manual should detail this type of operation if it is possible with your camera.

Announcements