cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t3i viewfinder blurry

Annnie
Apprentice

when ever I look into my viewfinder its blurry, almost like a fish eye lens. I have tried to adjust the diopter but it doesn't do much.  when I take the picture it comes out completely clear on my screen. I have replaced the focus screen and it didn't change anything. I have been told to not really touch the inside of my camera so when I was changing the screen I was very careful to not touch anything with my fingers, just with the tweezers the new screen came with. any ideas on what's causing it to be blurry?

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum:
Given that images come out OK I would suggest that it is something to do with a mis-alignment of the mirror, pentaprism and/or VF lens (collectively known as the reflex system).   

One thing to try to isolate this would be to put the camera into Live View mode.  That bypasses the reflex mechanism by flipping up the screen and using the sensor to read the view from the lens directly, and display that on the LCD.  If what you see in the the rear LCD is sharp, then it's your reflex system.   

Has your camera suffered a knock, been dropped or any other jarring effect - or have  you leant it to someone else?  At some time, some event triggered this and isolating that is a big clue.

I would not recommend delving into the camera any further.   You can do a lot of damage very, very easily.  If there is a misalignment, then a qualified technician can sort it out for you.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. As Trevor said, sounds like an internal problem has occurred. When you are evaluating a repair option Keh Camera has several highly rated used bodies for about $200. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements