cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t3i canon when set to flash mode manual the flash out put level only goes to 1/4 power or more.

plow
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Plow,

I would like to gather some more information from you to help me determine what is causing this.

1. Are you using an external flash or are you using the built-in flash?
  2. If you are using an external flash, what model flash are you using?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Also, it starts at 1/1 (full power) and goes down to 1/2, then 1/4, then 1/8, etc.   I don't see how you go "past 1/4" to get to 1/2.  You actually go past 1/2 to get to 1/4th.

Also, that is purely a software thing, not mechanical.  I don't think it could be broken, per se. 

Are you SURE that you are hitting SET not just stopping with that line selected and then trying to manipulate the values without hitting SET?  And then using LEFT and RIGHT ARROWS, not the control wheel?  The control wheel does not do anything on this-it is just the set button and the arrows.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Hi Scott Yes i use the left right button to move the little indicator past 1/4 towards 1/128 but when i move it back i cannot get it to go to the 1/2 number, when moving to th e right of 1/4 it just won't go the the 1/2 number. does this make sence to you. 1/8..1/4..1/2 cannot go from 1/4 to 1/2. hope this helps

I'm just wondering if this camera has a problem or not
Announcements