cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Canon SLR camera / sofware are windows 8 comparable?

Parker1_DW
Apprentice

I work for a company that tethers the camera directly to the laptop using a USB cord. On the laptop we use the EOS Utility to help capture the picture into some proprietary software. We will be upgrading to Windows 8 pro, so I need to find out which SLR camera's or canon utilities Windows 8 compliant.

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Every Canon DSLR currently marketed will be compatible.  You'd really have to dig for cameras that haven't been manufactured or sold for years in order to find a DSLR that is not compatible.

Canon actually publishes an SDK and you can apply for developer access to that SDK.  This would allow you to integrate camera control directly into your proprietary software (assuming your company writes the software and it's not provided by a 3rd party).  

Here's the page and it lists all compatible cameras for the SDK.  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/sdk_homepage

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I run WIn 8.1 and all the software runs fine on it. However, you don't have to g back so far to not have a compatible camera.

EOS Utility supports my 1D Mk III but does not support my 1D Mk II both of which I use regularly. Mk II's were still available four or five years ago brand new.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements