cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with my Canon 90D pop up flash

dereklee3
Apprentice

Hello, 

So my pop up flash is not working, it "pops up" when i push the flash button but won't discharge. I checked the settings to make sure it's enabled and try different settings (full auto, manual, etc,,,) I also use a Canon 430EX-III that works on the hot shoe but not remotely, I believe this has something to do with the pop-up flash, not working. 

I clean it with a q-tip, compressed air, and a toothpick. I heard something about ta tiny button that might be stuck, if so, where can I find said button.   

any ideas before I try a camera repair shop? had it for over a year so I think all warranties are expired

thank you  

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Well just like any light bulb flash tubes do burn out. It can happen on the 10,00th time or even the first time you use it.

I would do a reset back to factory settings and try it again. Menus, tools, clear all settings and clear all custom settings. Look inside the rail of the hot shoe for that button that sometimes get stuck. 

It sounds like you need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Zachariah
Contributor

@ACEFlare wrote:

Hello, 

So my pop up flash is not working, it "pops up" when i push the flash button but won't discharge. I checked the settings to make sure it's enabled and try different settings (full auto, manual, etc,,,) I also use a Canon 430EX-III that works on the hot shoe but not remotely, I believe this has something to do with the pop-up flash, not working. 

I clean it with a q-tip, compressed air, and a toothpick. I heard something about ta tiny button that might be stuck, if so, where can I find said button.   

any ideas before I try a camera repair shop? had it for over a year so I think all warranties are expired

thank you  

To shoot with the built-in flash, you will want to press the flash button near the top of your camera to raise the flash unit. You can find the exact location of this button on page 164 of the manual below.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements