cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Q button won't go to quick menu on SL2

bobsy
Apprentice

Hi i always had the "Q" button go to the quickmenu but all of a sudden it started going to other menus. It was on a flash menu now it's going to the main menu, how do I get it to go back to the quick menu again when I press it? 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@bobsy wrote:

Hi i always had the "Q" button go to the quickmenu but all of a sudden it started going to other menus. It was on a flash menu now it's going to the main menu, how do I get it to go back to the quick menu again when I press it? 

Some buttons have different functions depending upon which mode the camera is in.  I think your camera is in Menu mode.  Press the [MENU] button to exit Menu mode.  You may have to press [INFO] a couple of times to blank the screen.  Once you have a blank screen, pressing [Q : SET] should bring up the Quick Settings Screen.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks for the response, it's not working though. I'm in Manual Mode most of the time but I also tried this in Av and still same issue. Pressing Menu again clears the menu screen but pressing Q: Set doesn't change it to quickmenu. And the info button doesn't do anything when the menu screen is displayed.

Make sure your camera is in a creative shooting mode (P, Tv, Av, M) and then from your menu:

1. Yellow tab 4 (SET UP 4)
  2. Custom Functions (C.Fn)
  3. C.Fn - 9 Assign SET Button
  4. Change to 0: Quick Control Screen

wish I saw this earlier, I called canon support and they told me to reset the camera after they couldn't figure it out.
Announcements