cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movie shooting / live view button issue

rtorre4
Apprentice

Canon 7D won't change from live view to movie shooting, any idea or suggestion???

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi rtorre4!

Thanks for posting.

I need to get some more details about this to help me to better understand the issue.

When you move the switch over to the left (Movie Shooting), then press the START/STOP button, a recording indicator should appear in the top-right part of the LCD screen.  Does this happen?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar issue on my Mark III. The switch seems to be frozen into Live Vew mode.

Thanks!

jiminNH
Apprentice

I was able to turn the Movie./ Live View switch to the movie position using a pair of needle nose pliers with firm but gentle pressure - no banging.

I did shoot a couple of short videos just to make sure the camera function works. And it does.

However, I must press hard on the switch while in movie mode or it shuts the movie off and switches back to Live View.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

---

Canon EOS 5d Mark III body

firmware 1.3.6

Announcements