cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crisp and clear pictures

jimbo160
Contributor

I am useing the EOS Rebel T3, and am haveing a lot of problems with makeing my pictures clear and crisp, as i think they should be. I have used numerous mode settings, and camera settings, but nothing has made my pictures clear and crisp. I have even sent the camera back to Canon to be checked out, and was told nothing wrong with the camera, so, it mus be me. I am going to try and send a couple of pictures for you to look at, and check what you can, to make a suggestion as to what i should do to make my pictures clear and crisp. Thanks for the help.....oops, after writing this, i do not see how to post a picture, so i will look for that now. Sorry.

Jimmy

12 REPLIES 12

Peter
Authority
Authority
Is that UV-light?

Yes, this is under black light however it is something that is constantly occurring251583570_595083574976668_594366986393707802_n.jpg

When the camera is focusing through the viewfinder it is using the camera's computer to determine when the image is at it's sharpest. When properly adjusted that point is where the sharp image will be projected on the sensor when the mirror is up and the shutter open. 

When the camera is being focused using Live View the actual image on the sensor is being used. 

The images you posted don't tell me if there is a problem or not, but if you think your camera isn't focusing properly here is a test you can run. 

Set the camera up on a tripod. Tape a sheet of newspaper on a wall. Align the camera so it is perpendicular to the wall and level (so the sensor is parallel to the wall).

Set the camera to Live View and focus. Enlarge the image on the LCD if necessary to get a good view of the letters and are sure they are sharp. Take a photograph as well to document. Use the 2 second timer or a remote release to be sure you don't shake the camera. This will give you an image of the sharpest photo you can take.

Switch out of Live View and let the camera autofocus. If you see the lens focus ring move you know that the two focus settings are different. Even if you don't see the lens ring move, when the camera signals in-focus witch to Live View and examine the image. Does it look sharp?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements