cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating custom aspect ratios for live view finder EOS 650D

scottshort
Apprentice

Hello all,

I need to take pictures for our website front page slide show which has an aspect ratio a bit tighter than 16:9...  If I have calcutated it correctly, it would be [81:37  which comes from 1620 x 740].  I am having a really hard time getting photos that fit within this tighter/shorter aspect ratio and have ended up dumping most of my pictures becase key elements end up getting cut out of the frame when I edit in photoshop.  I see with Canon EOS 650D that I can change aspect ratio to 16:19, but I would like to know if it is possible to create my custom aspect ratio as close to this 81:37 as possible so when arranging these photos in the view finder, I will be sure to compose the shots correctly..   Can anyone comment whether this is possible? 

Thanks

Scott

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I think you may be framing too tight. Make sure you give yourself plenty of room around the photo. Then make sure what you want is pretty centered. Remember in photography there is no free lunch.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Scatterbrained
Enthusiast

If you install Magic Lantern (third party free firmware) you can create custom cropmarks for different aspect ratios that will display on the screen in Live View.   

Announcements