cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon t6i bundl video kit rode mic hiss

garrbba
New Contributor

so ive been using my canon t6i and rode micgo for about 2 mouths never had to mess with the recording sound. left it on auto.
well today when i was vlogging for some reason it was going crazy high! making a hiss sound and everything to loud. is it the camrea thats not getting the lvls right or is my mic wak? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Esteemed Contributor

I recently read some posts from others who said wi-fi could contribute to back ground noise or unexpected behavior.  If enabled, try disabling this function and retest.  Ths may not apply in your case, so if it doesn't, reply back and we can make other suggestions.

Also, if you can provide more information about the shooting conditions.  Inside, outside, windy, calm still day, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6

Waddizzle
VIP

Auto setting of the audio introduces dynamic range compression, AFAIK.  Manually set the volume with an external microphone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

garrbba
New Contributor
Thanks for the wi-if info unfortunately I’ve tried that:(. In the past I could shoot anywhere inside, outside almost any type of weather and it would be fine with out having to do manually :(. I think I’ll just have to get a new mic and see if it’s the camera 😞