cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 7d wireless transfer

djchampagne
Apprentice

Can Canon 7D EOS transfer files wirelessly?  if yes, how?

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

No, not by itself.  At the moment only the 70d and 6D can do that.

However, thre are add-ons that can achieve similar results such as an EyeFi card, or a wireless tether like this:

http://www.tethertools.com/products/camranger-wireless-tethering-system/camranger-supported-cameras-...

Thanks for info.

Actually the best way is with a Canon WFT-E5/E5A. This fits onto the camera, instead of the BG-E7 battery grip. It has vertical controls, same as the grip.

All of Canon's more professional oriented cameras use one or another of the WFT modules. They aren't cheap, but have much greater range and faster file transfer rate than the cameras with built in WiFi, or the EyeFi cards do.  The WFT has a range of approx. 300 or 400 feet. That's approx. 10X the distance of the built-in WiFi. I don't know the exact capability of the EyeFi cards... it's probably even less.

The WFT can be used to control the camera remotely or to link one or more cameras together with a master camera, too.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

@amfoto1 wrote:

Actually the best way is with a Canon WFT-E5/E5A

Sure, if you're ok with a $700 price tag.  At that cost you could sell the 7D and just get a 70D, and have some cash left over.

Whoa! You are surely right. That's too rich for my blood.

Thanks Alan. I appreciate the information.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements