cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildlife Camera Suggestions

Styner
Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I am new to photography and I am looking to get a new Canon camera. I’ll be taking pictures of wildlife that are several hundreds of feet away. I’m looking to spend no more than $1000 any good suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

If budget allows look into the R10. This camera uses the RF Mount. If you want to use your existing EF or EF-S lenses. You'll need the EF-RF Mount adapter. DSLR cameras are being replaced by mirrorless cameras. The RF Mount is the future not the EF Mount. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I second the R10 suggestion. If buying new absolutely go mirrorless.

"I’ll be taking pictures of wildlife that are several hundreds of feet away."

You need to read my reply to your other similar question about super tele lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I’m looking to spend no more than $1000 any good suggestions?"

Most likely that's not going to happen if it is for camera and lens. Even used or refurb that a tough order to fill for a grand.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@styner,

You will still need a lens to shoot wildlife as you mentioned in your other thread.  It might be helpful to keep your posts in one topic.  I mentioned elsewhere a "newer" camera might be something to consider (your T3 is 12 yrs old.).  Seems you are looking into this now.  Probably a good idea.  

Here is your other topic:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EF-RF-Lenses/Questions-About-EF-400mm-f-5-6L-USM-Lens/td-p/416722

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements