cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this? and does your 6d have it too?

tastatura
Apprentice

Yesterday i discovered something on my one month old 6d that looks like a small crack or something near memory card slot:

how it look:

DSC_0464.jpg

i did quick search on google and i managed to find something similar on this to photos, just click on it to zoom:

IMG_7523.jpg

thanks and best regards.

6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority
Hi,

Mine does have a faint line right there. Mine actually has that horizontal seam/line intersecting plus a faint vertical one running up and down along the left side of that piece.

I looked closely and this is just some kind of artifact from the mold they made the plastic part with. Possibly intentional/decorative, but probably just the result of something going on in the mold making process.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Peter
Authority
Authority
Have the same.

Thank you guys, can you please post image also?

thank you very much! 🙂

Even my 5D III has a similar line positioned at the bottom of the memory card door.  My 5D II does not... but that's becaus the 5D II door goes all the way to the bottom of the camera body (it's a tall door.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

shayari
Apprentice

I also have this problem, my new EOS 700D. But it has no effect on anything. I am quite happier with my new machine.

I am Shayari and I love Canon.
I am using EOS 600D, 700D.

It looks like a line from the mold. Probably the parting line from the mold.
Announcements