cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty clock starts upon pre-order?

aatreya
Apprentice

I have placed a pre-order for the Canon R5 Mark II. I just looked at the official Canon warranty terms here: https://downloads.canon.com/nw/cso/warranties/warranty_EOS_digital_camera.pdf

The terms state that the warranty is valid "for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase", NOT from the date of delivery of the order. In my case, the delivery date it is over a month after I placed the preorder. Does that mean I lose more than a month of warranty?

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

You placed a PRE-ORDER. The sale has not completed, not until the item ships to you.  That's when the warranty starts.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've had this happen before.  With a body, some lenses, and CarePaks too.  I called support and they took care of it.  The system just looks at the order date.  Your receipt will show the purchase date too, but a rep can help you adjust it.  In my case, they just extended the coverage.  I was traveling when the R5 C was released.  I waited a week before I pre-ordered.  I got one of the first shipments from the second batch.  Order date and ship date was 2 months apart.  They'll take care of you, don't worry  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements