cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Canon Rebel T3 to Record Video

SlimShady
Apprentice

So I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 like 5 years ago and never really used it. I've been think of posting music video or video for myself and YouTube.

What all do I need (besides skill)

What about hardware and software required?

I saw a YouTube video saying you need a wide angle lens (he said they were pretty cheap)

Do I need editing software or even Canon software to load this on my PC?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You will probably need some editing software at some point, but you are pretty good to go right now. What lens do you have? the 18-55 kit lens is probably wide enough until proven otherwise.

View solution in original post

@kvbarkley wrote:

If you are on a Mac, iMovie is fine. I don't know about Windows.

The camera's original software should be available from Canon Support, for either Windows or Mac OS.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

Once you reach the Rebel T3 support page, select "Windows 7" for the operating system, so that you can download the "Digital Solutions Software Disk" that came with the camera when it was new.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon does not provide a movie editing suite, beyond trimming clips.

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You will probably need some editing software at some point, but you are pretty good to go right now. What lens do you have? the 18-55 kit lens is probably wide enough until proven otherwise.

I'm not too sure it's what came with the camera. I'm really clueless but I guess with the internet I can figure it out. Do you have any suggestions for the editing software?

@kvbarkley wrote:

The camera's original software should be available from Canon Support, for either Windows or Mac OS.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

Once you reach the Rebel T3 support page, select "Windows 7" for the operating system, so that you can download the "Digital Solutions Software Disk" that came with the camera when it was new.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon does not provide a movie editing suite, beyond trimming clips.

I'm using windows and thanks for the replies!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements