cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DSLR lenses on old Canon Rebel G

nloc811
Apprentice
I recently picked up a Canon Rebel G for basically nothing. It came with the kit lens, took a few rolls of expired film for fun and now I'm thinking of playing around with it more to see what I can do with it. The only other film lenses I have are FD mount, but I'm thinking I can use my DSLR glass on this Rebel G, am I right? I've got the entire Sigma art line for my 5D Mk II's.
Am I wrong about the mount on this Rebel G? Or can I actually use my good glass on this plastic body?
11 REPLIES 11

Yeah, I agree with you on that lens.

The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens have no peer. They are two of the best lenses made.  There is no where I go these two don't go with me.  Not even the Nikkor pair compares to these.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you on that lens.

The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens have no peer. They are two of the best lenses made.  There is no where I go these two don't go with me.  Not even the Nikkor pair compares to these.

I don't have the 24-70, but the 70-200 images is so sharp that some of my shallow DOF shots seem to have a 3D quality to them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements