cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to go from DLSR to Mirrorless

JAAranzullo
Contributor

I am an amateur photography. I do mainly events such as sweet 16s, birthdays, etc and portraits during the holidays. I do not do weddings. I want to purchase a mirrorless to slowly move away from DLSRs. I want full-frame. I was not sure of which mirrorless camera I should purchase. I only do photography and have no interest in videography. In your opinion, and for those will more expertise, what would be my best option moving forward?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I just want to purchase a new camera and i'm wondering if i should steer away from DLSRs. 

If that is your main most thing the answer is,... yes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Its not the image quality. I just want to purchase a new camera and i'm wondering if i should steer away from DLSRs. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I just want to purchase a new camera and i'm wondering if i should steer away from DLSRs. 

If that is your main most thing the answer is,... yes.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Mirrorless cameras are not magic. What aspect of your DSLR is limiting your photography? There is no fundamental reason why your 6D can't take excellent photos ..."

However, JRH is absolutely 100% correct here. Although there are folks that will tell you if you don't go mirrorless your DSLR will never work again. Their advice is to be avoided.

EB
click here to view the gallery
Announcements