cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips plz!

Bl7
Apprentice

I want to shoot sports photos for people and I have those opportunities but I don't have an auto focus lense. What setting can I use to take great photos with that lense?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Bl7!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly what camera(s) and lens(es) you're currently using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am also curious as to what lens and camera you are asking about. The short answer is hyper focus distance. The hyperfocal distance is the distance between the camera and a point in your scene at which everything from half the distance to that point and beyond to infinity will be acceptably sharp.

If this is your first time I would not take on the task for other peoples photos. Both of you are likely to be disappointed. The best advice I can give has nothing to do with the camera/lens. Two things, one, where you shoot from. Location, location and location. And, two, know the sport if you don't you will undoubtedly be out of position for the action.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"What setting can I use to take great photos with that lense?"

Oh, BTW, it will be settings not "setting"!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements