cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taking to get R6 Mark-2

bmitra
Contributor

During few days after announcing I ordered the Canon EOS R6 Mark-2 directly from Canon. Checking reddit and other relevant forums it seems big stores (2 of them in NY City) and smaller niche stores are already having the cameras and shipping them out at a fast pace. It surprises me that folks like myself who ordered directly from Canon are delayed and not only that could not find 1 instance yet of someone who either received it or received shipped email if ordered direct from Canon.

Another surprise is : I see R6 M2 with the STM lens "In stock". Noted for future - probably will order that one and then sell off the STM lens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bmitra
Contributor

Got shipping confirmation today. Order placed: 11/23/2022

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What you are describing is not new. If you didn't order at the beginning of November, you are going to be waiting a bit. I've seen 2 strategies. Order though the mail and wait your turn, or preorder through a local retailer and maybe you'll get it sooner. This is part of the support your local economy mindset too. Tax on $2500 isn't bad. Our tax is almost 10% so I was looking at almost $450. I waited and used the savings to buy some accessories. The only way to get a camera on release day (these days) is to preorder on day1. The public was also told prior to release there were going to be some initial fulfillment delays. I'm sure there are some other strategies.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

bmitra
Contributor

I get that but I am not buying into supporting local economy. Big stores in NY City (2 of them) don't need that support. Anyways lesson learnt I guess.

bmitra
Contributor

I can see they have the R6M2 + 24-105 STM lens and says "In Stock" !! Rather than delaying they can send those out instead and offer to customers a buy-back (lens) or it's just $200 - $300 : keep the lens. Now - that'll go a long way in customer retention....

bmitra
Contributor

@bmitra wrote:

Great News!  Just over 2 weeks wait.  Not bad at all.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

bmitra
Contributor

Yes - where its due credit must be given.

Announcements