cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on EOS R1 sensor

Frito-1
Contributor

Hi All,

I have to admit that the 24MP sensor in the flagship camera is a bit of a disappointment.  I would like higher resolution without having to use PhotoShop to stitch pictures together.  Any one know why Canon did not go with a resolution closer to the R5?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, better hold on to your pants cause rumors have it that Canon will be annoucing, sometime in late August, the new MP monster,  👻 the EOS R1X/R1S.  The new Canon R1X/R1S will be the new "High Resolution Monster !  If you want to learn more click on the link below: 

https://youtu.be/ksJJEARUv9E?si=JnAyreRmUdJuNFNT

This will be the monster that everyone has been waiting for.  This monster will push aside all your arguments about Nikon Z8 and Z9, Sony Alpha 1, and Alpha 9 being better than Canon EOS R1s.  So now, it all makes sense why Canon introduced the R1 with 24.2MP specifically for the photo journalists and the sport reporters before the Olimpics.  Next it will introduce the monster that will be the all in one camera for everyone, that will goble up the competition.   I'm hearing with maybe 80MP and global shutter sensor,  that's bold.  Can't wait ! ! !   That should settle anyones complaints. 

How about that !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

Frito-!,

Thanks for your thoughts!  I already preordered the R5 Mark II and can't wait to get it.  However, if I were in the market for a Canon Flagship with more than 24.2 MP, I'd wait cause something will come down pipeline. It may not be called the R1X or R1S, but it willl surpass the MPs that the competition has.  Im thinking that this is Canon's year as 2023 was relatively quiet.  Thanks again.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

So what?  He created a post and gave some responses that started a rather interesting discussion.  I’m not sure why anyone would criticize this.  

click here to view the gallery
Announcements