Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to Tom Ramsey's last post, I ordered an RF 200-800mm lens

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hello everyone,

The last piece of equipment that will complete my photography gear is the Canon RF 200-800mm lens.  Noting the fact that the lens has been on "Backorder" shortly after its release, I had been waiting for Canon to fix its inventory/manufacturing problem so that I could order one.  However, that doesn't seem to be occurring any time soon.  Then a couple of days ago Tom Ramsey updated Lakem0310 Contributor post titled "RF200-800 wait times" with the following:

"Tom Ramsey Enthusiast

I ordered the RF200-800mm from B&H on June 28 and just got an email that it has shipped and will arrive Wednesday (9/18).  That's under three months, so I guess they are catching up some.  I can't wait!"

So today I ordered it, taking into account that if I order the RF 200-800 lens from B&H I may get it between 3 to 5 months, depending how many others are on the waitlist ahead of me.  It may still be 4 to 7 months.  In any case B&H will only place a "Pending Charge" on my cc account for two days to ensure that my credit is good and then take it off.  They will only charge my account upon actually shipping me the lens.   

So, Thanks to you Tom Ramsey !     🙃

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements